Click To Email
Tom is a registered patent attorney with more than two decades of large firm litigation experience and more than a decade of patent infringement and other IP litigation experience. Tom has combined his extensive litigation skills, his physics degree and his patent attorney registration to create an impressive record of success in patent infringement cases over the past decade, against many of the top IP firms and at a fraction of the cost to his clients those firms would charge. Tom has also successfully litigated trademark and copyright infringement cases. See SELG’s Representative Cases for a list of recent litigation victories. Tom also has substantial experience in mediation, arbitration and other ADR methods and has handled appeals in both the federal and state courts.
In addition to patent and trademark prosecution, Tom also has extensive experience licensing patents and other IP rights in software, semiconductors, and other forms of technology.
Tom has an undergraduate degree in physics from Duke University, a JD from the University of San Francisco School of Law (where he was a member of the McAuliffe Honor Society), and an IP law certification from the University of Santa Clara School of Law. Prior to Silicon Edge Law Group, Tom was a long time litigation partner in the San Francisco office of the former international law firm of Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner, L.L.P.
Areas of Practice:
- Intellectual Property Law – Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Trade Secrets
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
Honors: Member of the McAuliffe Honor Society
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
IP Law Certification
- Duke University
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Registered Patent Attorney, Registration No. 50,618
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Intellectual Property Law Section
- California State Bar, Litigation Section, Intellectual Property Law Section
Past Employment Positions:
- Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner, L.L.P. – San Francisco, Litigation Partner